Saturday, January 7, 2012

Au Revoir, Mon Ami!

As I prepare to say good bye to bestie who is moving away, I feel sad and somewhat bewildered.  Then I think to the sage advise that we discussed together about her daughter who is now realizing that the move is quickly approaching and becoming very distressed.  "Spend time with your friends, create memories, and that you aren't losing anything -- your friends will still be there by email, phone, FB, texting, and skype...and you can always visit!"  I guess if we can give that advice to a teenager, we need to be able to give it to ourselves!

It's just seems though as you get older and more set in your ways, making friends isn't as easy as it used to be and you don't necessarily come into contact with as many people to increase your chances of meeting  just that right person with whom it just clicks and they get you!

So the teenager in this case is right..."This just sucks!"  But we will spend time together before the Departure day and then we will continue to email, phone, FB, text, skype and plan the visits!  And of course, we will have our memories (and there are some doozies!

1 comment:

  1. Yes it does SUCK!! I am going to miss you Geri and I can't even begin to say how much you mean to me.. I am in tears!!!

    ReplyDelete