Thursday, January 5, 2012

Don't be harshing my mellow!

Tried out "Gentle Yoga" today at Triangle Yoga and Pilates with Claire and really enjoyed it!

I won't make any excuses that I couldn't work out for the past 2 years...especially when there are those warriors among us that run marathons during chemo or win Iron Man challenges right after.  Wasn't one of those chickeroos in the first place, not ever planning on being one now.  But, I decided to get back to being me and I'll do it at my own pace and be feeling good about myself as I do it.

And let's face it, getting there early and taking up a space in the back let's you watch all the youngsters that are fit and limber getting into all those poses that really only Gumby should be able to do and I have that inner warmth and glow of the fact (and mantra) of "just wait "til you have kids--Then let's see what pretzels you get yourself into!"  and I went on and did what I could do, knowing that each week, I'll be able to do a bit more and be better at it at my own pace.

As I left, the woman at the reception desk (who looked very familiar to me when I went in) looked at me and said that she recognized me too!  Turns out she is Billy Jo Herr from Lancaster, PA--knew her from Girl Scouts and her work on City Council!  Had a great trip down memory lane chatting about Market and peeps in Lancaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment